This is the official blog of my Study Abroad Trip to Australia and New Zealand. I'll be leaving December 26th and returning home February 2nd.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 1: Finally Made It!

Greetings Everyone from Sydney!

After 21 hours of flight time and several more of commuting to our temporary home for the week, Wesley College within the University of Sydney, we have had a great first day. We used the public bus transit system, rode a few trains, explored a few malls cleverly concealed as old commercial buildings, visited Sydney Harbor, enjoyed a street performer contortionist, visited the stunning Royal Botanical Gardens near the Harbor, ate at the Planet Hollywood -esque Star Bar restaurant for dinner, and walked just about EVERYWHERE in this city. I haven't enjoyed a hot shower and a comfortable bed as much as this one in a long time. I'm tired, sore, but extremely excited about the Down Under experience to come! Class starts tomorrow bright and early at 8 am so I'm going to try to get some sleep but I'll let y'all how my first day goes. War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment