This is the official blog of my Study Abroad Trip to Australia and New Zealand. I'll be leaving December 26th and returning home February 2nd.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 30: R&R Baby.

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.”
--Isak Dinesen

I don't know much about the literature Mr. Dinesen has written, but this quote has enveloped me today. A relaxed day on the beach, the smell of salt water, and simply the bliss of not having anything to do has recharged my physical and spiritual batteries. The tranquility of this place is unparalleled. It's just so quiet and peaceful. Living in major cities for four weeks with every random human and mechanical background sound doesn't seem that bad until you have something to compare it to. Omaha Beach is wonderful.

The view from our back porch




I slept til eleven, make a quick lunch, and Patrick, Meghan, Ben and I spent most of the afternoon on the beach. We fortunately have free internet, so I got to Skype Caroline for awhile, which was great. Chris, our gracious host, took us to an organic berry farm for some of the best organic yogurt I have ever had at a place called OOB Farms. We enjoyed a cone next to a field of blueberries. So cool. We came back and hung out until dinner time where I was designated as head chef for the evening, which turned out to be a lot of fun! I pan-fried some Tarakihi, grilled an assortment of peppers, portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, boiled some rice, and had a nice glass of white wine. It was a good dinner with an amazing view. We're finishing the evening watching the Australian Open with the neighbors from around the area. Congrats Raffa! Talk to you tomorrow from Queenstown. War Eagle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment